If you are reading this, I can almost guarantee you work out. Almost everyone I know and in everyone in the world is hitting the gym! Fitness is very strong in media and social media. It’s on t.v., it’s in your news feed on Facebook, it’s all over Instagram – there’s no avoiding it. I on the other hand, am probably one of the only people out there that are not hitting the gym!
I know what you’re thinking – how awful! How unhealthy! How lazy! I will admit, a part of me is lazy. I’m not completely inactive, though. I do play a couple sports – soccer and softball. Softball is usually several times a week. In the spring and summer I try to be more active as well by rollerblading, walking, biking, and swimming.
There are a few reasons you won’t find me in the local GoodLife gym;
- It’s boring! I’ve tried it several times at several difference gyms. Not only is it a huge waste of my money, but it’s so dull! Running in one spot for half an hour staring at the wall & watching other people sweat? No thanks.
- I like group activities/team sports. I want to interact with people, play a game or sport with people. Organized sports is where it’s at and you meet and make new friends, work together and have a special bond whilst being active!
- Really fit people look gross! These guys and gals that are jacked look like freaks. Anyone who is at the point of body-builder material makes me gag and I would never want to look like that.
- Men love curves! We all know it.Yes, I’m totally for being healthy and in shape, but you gotta leave a little cushion for the pushin!
- I’m happy the way I am. Sure, I’d love to squeeze into an old pair of jeans or look a little more slim in a dress, but it doesn’t bother me enough to make me upset or unhappy with the way I look.
- I don’t like being the same as everyone else. I don’t follow the pack. I do my own thing and like to be independent from everyone else.
I can probably think of a couple more reasons but then I just feel like I’m coming up with excuses.
If you’re hitting the gym – good on you! I think it’s terrific you are focused on your health, but, it’s not for me. I’ll see you on the field!
Comment below and let me know how you stay in shape or stay active!