I wake up early than normal, which makes me grumpy. I love sleeping in. I squint and stretch my arms and my legs to their full extent and rub my eyes open. The light shining through the windows and doors is just too bright to ignore. I groan and lazily force myself out of my favorite place in the world; bed. I pull myself to my feet and slowly saunter towards the sliding glass door where the light pours through. I slide the door open, the warm breeze forcing the white curtains to flow around me and my hair to whip around my face. Stepping out onto the balcony, I no longer feel bothered about getting out of bed early, not when I get to wake up to this view everyday. For as far as my eyes can see, water. Beautiful, clear, inviting, turquoise water. The soft white sand greets it every time it rolls in. The sound of the waves crashing in is music to my ears. I sigh happily, leaning against the railing, taking it all in as the inviting breeze grazes my skin. I realize I have never felt so happy in my entire life than in this moment. It feels like time has stopped. This is perfect. This is my dream come true, and I get to experience it every single morning. What a wonderful way to start each day.
If you are reading this, I can almost guarantee you work out. Almost everyone I know and in everyone in the world is hitting the gym! Fitness is very strong in media and social media. It’s on t.v., it’s in your news feed on Facebook, it’s all over Instagram – there’s no avoiding it. I on the other hand, am probably one of the only people out there that are not hitting the gym!
I know what you’re thinking – how awful! How unhealthy! How lazy! I will admit, a part of me is lazy. I’m not completely inactive, though. I do play a couple sports – soccer and softball. Softball is usually several times a week. In the spring and summer I try to be more active as well by rollerblading, walking, biking, and swimming.
There are a few reasons you won’t find me in the local GoodLife gym;
- It’s boring! I’ve tried it several times at several difference gyms. Not only is it a huge waste of my money, but it’s so dull! Running in one spot for half an hour staring at the wall & watching other people sweat? No thanks.
- I like group activities/team sports. I want to interact with people, play a game or sport with people. Organized sports is where it’s at and you meet and make new friends, work together and have a special bond whilst being active!
- Really fit people look gross! These guys and gals that are jacked look like freaks. Anyone who is at the point of body-builder material makes me gag and I would never want to look like that.
- Men love curves! We all know it.Yes, I’m totally for being healthy and in shape, but you gotta leave a little cushion for the pushin!
- I’m happy the way I am. Sure, I’d love to squeeze into an old pair of jeans or look a little more slim in a dress, but it doesn’t bother me enough to make me upset or unhappy with the way I look.
- I don’t like being the same as everyone else. I don’t follow the pack. I do my own thing and like to be independent from everyone else.
I can probably think of a couple more reasons but then I just feel like I’m coming up with excuses.
If you’re hitting the gym – good on you! I think it’s terrific you are focused on your health, but, it’s not for me. I’ll see you on the field!
Comment below and let me know how you stay in shape or stay active!
Allow me to introduce myself!
First of all, welcome to my new blog and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to be here – I really appreciate it!
The reason I’ve called this meeting is so you can learn a little about why we’re both here.
I’m here because sometimes I feel like I have really cool stuff to say and I don’t know who to say it to. I thoroughly enjoy sharing my stories and my ideas, regardless if they are ridiculous or not. My brain explodes with thoughts and ideas and inventions, or sometimes I just need to let off steam, as we all do. I also really enjoy writing and typing, even though I’m not necessarily good at it. I will be honest, I don’t know where I’m going with this but we’ll figure it out together.
Now why are you here? Probably because you stumbled upon this by accident. Or you’re a friend and I forced you to read this. Or maybe one day I’ll be famous and people all over the world will be dying to read every word I type, (yeah right!)
So here’s a little about me. I am a twenty-six year old femme living solo in Ontario, Canada. I work in the automotive industry, and really fell into it by accident, as most of us do, (a co-worker and I talked about this tonight in fact). I am a cat person but love all animals. I am interested in photography and would love to have a big-girl camera one day. I will share some photos with you. I am passionate about music and singing, although I think I have a terrible voice and do not currently play an instrument. I love tattoos and have a couple with plans for more. Travel is important to me and I may write about this a lot. I’m easy-going, laid back and a just go-with-the-flow kind of person. Oh, and I love burgers. A lot.
But enough about me…I want to know about you! Comment and let me know who you are. Where are you from? What do you do? What do you want to hear from a 26-year old gal? Ask me anything, suggest anything, I will write about it!
Here’s to [hopefully] a healthy writer-reader relationship and many posts to come!